Environmental Collections (hazardous materials)

Environmental Collection

The environmental collection is the disposal of potentially toxic household chemicals (hazardous materials). The City of Crowley has entered into an agreement with the City of Fort Worth to allow the residents of Crowley to dispose of their unused household products using a drive-thru drop-off site.


The cost to the residents of Crowley is $50 for a voucher. You must have a current water bill and come to Community Development/Permits Office at City Hall, to acquire your voucher. You will also receive a list of accepted and not accepted items. This voucher is accepted at drop-off locations in Fort Worth.

Note:  Rate will increase to $95 per voucher effective Oct. 1, 2023. 

What Is Accepted

  • Acids
  • Aerosol cans
  • Antifreeze
  • Batteries (all kinds, including car batteries)
  • Brake fluid
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Cooking oil
  • Craft and hobby chemicals
  • Degreaser
  • Drain cleaner
  • Fertilizer
  • Fluorescent light bulbs
  • Mercury thermometers
  • Motor oil and filters
  • Paint, stain, varnish and thinners
  • Pest strips
  • Pesticides
  • Pharmaceuticals (old medicine) (The Crowley PD also has Drug-Take Back Day each year. Information will be posted on the website when the dates are made available)
  • Photo chemicals
  • Pool chemicals
  • Solvents
  • Transmission fluid

What Is Not Accepted

  • Ammunition
  • Appliances
  • Asbestos
  • Brush
  • Building materials
  • Business and commercial waste is NOT accepted
  • Bulky waste
  • Butane
  • Computers
  • Electronics
  • Explosives
  • Fireworks
  • PCB oil
  • Pesticide cylinders
  • Propane cylinders
  • Radioactive material
  • Smoke detectors
  • Syringes
  • Televisions
  • Tires
  • Trash

Waste Handling Instructions

  • If a product is still usable, give it to someone who can use it instead of bringing it for disposal
  • Bring liquid paint sorted by type (i.e., latex, oil-based and lead-based)
  • Keep chemicals in their original containers; place broken or leaking containers in a second container of like material (i.e., glass for corrosives, metal for flammables)
  • If a container has no label and its contents are known, please place a label on the container clearly stating the contents