2020 Virtual Summer Reading Program
"Imagine Your Story" this summer as we celebrate libraries & literacy! Our summer reading program is a great way to keep your little one engaged throughout the summer with reading & learning. No summer slide here!
Did you know summer slide is what happens when the skills students learn during the school year are lost or forgotten over the summer? When kids don’t practice their reading skills during the summer months, they can fall behind by the time school starts again. We have the solution! Spend your summer visiting the library, ask one of our fabulous librarians for help picking the right book for your child and encourage them to read in a fun and engaging way! Children read, log their time and win prizes. It's that simple!
This year all of our programs are virtual in order to conform to social distancing guidelines. Links will be uploaded here and on the library's social media accounts the morning of the performance and will remain up for six days. View the performance anytime that is convenient for your family from the safety and convenience of your own home!
Children will still read and log their time using Wandoo Reader. Prizes may be picked up at the library anytime during business hours. The library will also be providing weekly activity kits for participants while supplies last.
Please contact the library at 817-297-6707 for more information.
Schedule of Events
- June 3 -
- June 10 -
- June 17 -
- June 24 -
- July 1 - David Chicken
- July 8- All About Animals
- July 15 - The Pipdilly's
GuidelinesThere are guidelines that must be followed in order to ensure a fun and fair program for all.
- All participants must register on Wandoo Reader. Register .
- Once the participant has registered online, they will be able to log into Wandoo Reader and record time spent reading
- All reading counts. It doesn't matter it they are reading a book, listening to an audio book or reading the back of a cereal box. It counts! Science has proven that kids read better and more often when they can pick what they want to read
- Participants may collect prizes anytime during the normal business hours. The online program will notify participants when they are eligible for a prize