Public Health & Safety Board
The Mission of the Public Health and Safety Board (PHSB) is to serve in an advisory capacity to the Crowley City Council regarding growth and development of the public health and safety programs of the city, and seek to promote close cooperation between the city and all residents, institutions, agencies and associations interested in or conducting public health and safety activities, to the end that all public health and safety resources within the city may be coordinated to secure the greatest public welfare.
Membership & OrganizationThe Public Health and Safety Board has five members. Vacancies are appointed by City Council. Regular meetings are on the second Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. at City Hall located at 201 E. Main Street in Crowley.
View Public Health & Safety Board agendas and minutes here.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesThe PHSB is to:
- Under City Council direction, review and recommend rules, procedures and ordinances relating to the management of a public health and safety program
- On behalf of the City Council, coordinate public health and safety activities that employ the leisure time of the residents in a constructive and wholesome manner
- Prepare, submit and review on an annual basis, recommendations to the City Council for the five-year Capital Improvement Plan
- Hold public hearings and submit reports on any topics pertaining to public health and safety program planning that the City Council deems appropriate
- Forward recommendations to the City Manager, on behalf of the City Council, with regard to the public health and safety budget
Members & Terms
- Jerry Beck, Council Liaison
- Police Chief Kit Long, Staff Liaison
- Debbie Emerson, Secretary
- Debra Fleenor, Place 1, term expiring June 30, 2020
- Place 2 - Vacant
- Thomas Brown, Place 3, term expiring June 30, 2019
- Amy Lilly, Place 4, term expiring June 30, 2020
- Place 5 - Vacant
- Alternate 1 - Vacant
- Alternate 2 - Vacant