The Mission of the Parks and Recreation Board is to advise the City in the acquisition, development, improvement, equipment and maintenance of all parks, public playgrounds, athletic fields, community center, senior citizen center and other recreation facilities, and to recommend policies that will benefit and promote the leisure and recreational needs of the community.
Membership and Organization
The Parks and Recreation Board consists of seven (7) members. Vacancies will be appointed by the City Council. Regular meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month at 6pm at City Hall.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Parks and Recreation Board shall review and make recommendations:
- Rrelating to management of a public park and recreation program
- Relating to the conduct on public playgrounds, athletic fields, concession rights and other recreation facilities and activities that employ the leisure time of the citizenry
- Concerning recreational activities on any of the properties controlled by the City
- About the five (5) year Capital Improvement Plan in its annual progress report summarizing its activities and accomplishments
- Concerning the Parks and Recreation budget