Public Information Requests
This information was formerly known as Open Records Requests.
Accessing Government Records
Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to access government records; and an officer for public information or the officer's agent may not ask why you want them. All government information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information.
Governmental bodies shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.
These links provide more information of your rights to request public information:
- , Office of the Attorney General, Texas
- Public Information Act, Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Procedures to Obtain Information
- Submit a request by mail or fax 817-297-6178 to the City Secretary. You may also send an or submit a Public Request for Information in person at City Hall. A request may also be submitted through the online form.
- You may also complete a general request (PDF) for General Records or contactwith enough description and detail about the information requested to enable the governmental body to accurately identify and locate the information requested.
- Cooperate with the governmental body's reasonable efforts to clarify the type or amount of information requested.
City of Crowley Public Information Request Form
Public Information Request Exclusions
Costs for Public Information Requests
Public Information Act Pamphlet