2017 Summer Reading Program
Join us this summer as we work together to "Build A Better World"! Children, teens and adults will have an exciting summer filled with books, programs and activities for all ages. Our program aims to encourage children and adults of all ages to spend their summer reading books and participating in the community.
Schedule of Events
Programs are on Wednesday at 10 a.m. and are held at the Crowley Recreation Center
- June 7 - Magic with James Wand
- June 14 - Nancy & Friends
- June 21 - Wild Things Zoofari
- June 28 - Mr. Blue Shoes
- July 5 - Circus Chickendog
- July 12 - Stunt Juggler Matt Tardy
- July 19 - Snake Encounters
- July 25 - Carnival
***Special event on June 23. Join us for the Texas A&M Chemistry Road Show***
GuidelinesThere are guidelines that must be followed in order to ensure a fun and fair program for all.
- All participants must register on Wandoo Reader. Register here.
- Participants must sign a waiver of liability before participating in the program.This waiver is kept on file at the library
- Once the participant has registered online, they will be able to log into Wandoo Reader and record time spent reading
- All reading counts. It doesn't matter it they are reading a book, listening to an audio book or reading the back of a cereal box. It counts! Science has prove that kids read better and more often when they can pick what they want to read
- Participants may collect prizes any time during the normal business hours. The online program will notify participants when they are eligible for a prize
- Drawing for special prizes will be held each Wednesday at the morning program. Participants must be present to win