The mission of the Library Board is to serve in an advisory capacity to the Crowley City Council regarding growth and development of the Crowley Public Library, and to recommend library programs, policies and ordinances that will benefit and promote the quality of life in the community.
Membership & OrganizationThere are five members serving on the Library Board. Vacancies are filled by the City Council. Regular meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Crowley Public Library.
View Library Board agenda and minutes here.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Library Board shall, under Council direction:
- Coordinate library activities that employ the leisure time of the citizenry in a constructive and wholesome manner
- Make recommendations for a five-year Capital Improvements Plan
- Make recommendations to the City Council with regard to the library budget
- Review and recommend rules, procedures and ordinances relating to the management of a public library program
- Solicit or receive gifts or requests
- Submit on Oct. 1 of each year a progress report to the City Council summarizing its activities and accomplishments
Members & Terms
- Council Liaison
- Sandie Isaacs, Staff Liaison
- Cristina Winner, Secretary
- Julie Barton, Place 1, Term expires: June 30, 2021
- Donna Brister, Place 2, Term expires: June 30, 2022
- Laura Madsen, Place 3, Term expires: June 30, 2021
- Dallas Park, Place 4, Term expires: June 30, 2022
- Chloe Northrop, Place 5, Term expires: June 30, 2021